From Sirius Black Diaries:
I received this empty journal as a Christmas present from my friend Lily. Being male, I didn’t know what to do with it. Everything that’s on my mind I usually just say out loud. A practice that has caused me much trouble in the past. So, I have decided to start a diary of sorts. To record the truth of what it means to be Sirius Black. I decided to start today, New Year’s Day to be exact.
New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Will ignore Snivellus and resist the urge to hex him every time I see him.
2. Will score exceptionally well on my N.E.W.T.s and enter Auror training.
3. Will stop fake vomiting noise when I am around James and Lily.
4. Will try to read one book Remus has given me.
5. Will not fall asleep while reading said book, nor will I huff, whine, or complain about said book’s lack of anything remotely interesting.
6. Will admit to friends the discovery I made last year: I prefer the company of men as opposed to women. (okay, it’s actually only one male in particular, who happens to be one of my best mates and is most likely straight)
7. Will not bemoan my utterly fucked up romantic life; especially on that cursed holiday- Valentine’s Day.
8. Will learn to play the electric guitar.
9. Will buy a motorbike that I can work on.